Sunday, February 7, 2010

True or False: You're in a relationship with someone of a different background?

If True, share your experience please.





Does being from different backgrounds ever complicate things in your relationship?





If you've been in a relationship with someone from a different background. feel free to comment too.True or False: You're in a relationship with someone of a different background?
True. We're not very different though. We're both mixed (He's Puerto Rican and Filipino and I'm Japanese and Mexican) but both very Americanized so we haven't had any problems/complications with being apart of different cultures. Our parents on the other hand had problems, not with each other but more so with certain family members.





EDIT: I automatically thought race with this question, I didn't even think it could mean something else.





If you're not just talking race then we also came from different backgrounds when it comes to financial status. My family is better off than his, I was kind of spoiled (not a spoiled brat though, I just had a lot of stuff). So when we got together people told him he's going to have a hard time giving me what I want since I came from a ';higher class'; family (their words, not mine). But I proved them wrong, I'm not high maintenance like they thought I would be. I hope that makes sense.True or False: You're in a relationship with someone of a different background?
We all have different backgrounds. What background are you specifically referring to?
false
True. I'm Caucasian and my hubby is 1st generation Filipino.


He's very Americanized, but his mother is old school Filipino and is none too please with the fact that I'm a white girl.
I personally don't see what your background has to do with you dating anyway. I think if you care for this person at all it really shouldn't matter if your backgrounds are different.
True.....it seems that for others things are not easy to see us together....as for us...we are just all good.
I'm dating a Colombian girl. While her family doesn't mind that I'm a white guy, my family hates the fact that I'm dating a Colombian.





There really aren't any issues within our relationship; she's very Americanized.
I was until about a week ago when he decided to get back with his ex wife....:(


The difference didn't seem to complicate things...his ex did.


In case you're wondering, I am white and he is black.
True. He comes from a 2 parent family, I was raised by a single mother and we struggled. I consider myself sometimes to be ';from the other side of the tracks';, but he does not. We are will off together now.
False.
the bonding of heart mind and soul ,does not see back ground,color,religion or class ,its true love
False
false
True. I've been in a few relationships where we were from different backgrounds. I don't feel that race has anything to do with how you feel about a person. Either you're meant to be or your not. I have never been in a race-related argument and never will be because it doesn't play a part when you are committed for the right reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment