Sunday, February 7, 2010

What could I do against a false claim/report?

My neighbor listens music really loud between 0:00-2:00 a.m. almost every day; I first directly asked the neighbor to turn down the music, but he did not, so I called police. But after the offiers had left, he called a police, lying them I was making a noise. (I live quietly, and do not even have any audio equipments or TV).





I would truly appreciate if you would tell me what I could do against his false claim; because I do not want police to have any bad records on me.





Thank you so much for your time and help!What could I do against a false claim/report?
Dear AA





All you have to do is talk to the Police and they will listen. Call and explain that they are calling on you and they will investigate. They can assist you. Good Luck.What could I do against a false claim/report?
I am going to guess they know your neighbor feeding them a line of BS.





Keep a written and possibly video record of your complaints. Keep complaining.
The best thing you could do is have multiple complaints against this person from different sources and different times. Meaning if several of your neighbors start complaining on different days and get these reports on file, the police will quickly figure that your neighbor is the problem, not you, and that his call was retaliation against you.
Did the police come and investigate you - if not, then they didn't feel that it was worth their time investigating. Are their other neighbors that are also bothered by his music? If they are, I would talk with them about also calling the police to file a complaint.
Don't worry about it. Obviously the police found no validity to your neighbor's complaint and wouldn't have written a report. Also, most cops would put two and two together and realize that your neighbor's call was ';payback'; for your complaint. A noise complaint doesn't give you a bad reputation with police. They deal with these things every night, and trust me, your neighbor looks like the idiot, not you.
JOIN NEW AMERICA(IM SERIOUS)
Did the police issue a ticket? If so, there should be a court date. At the court date, hopefully the officer will be present and will testify truthfully that he/she did not hear any loud noises. See if you can get a copy of the claim you made against the neighbor previous to the claim being made against you. Submit your claim as circumstantial evidence that your neighbor retaliated against you for turning your neighbor in.

No comments:

Post a Comment