Thursday, February 11, 2010

What action can I take against a woman who filed a false report about me to Children and Youth Services?

My boyfriend's ex-girlfriend is crazier than the average ex. We've already had to file harrassment charges against her because of obscene phone calls made by her and several of the young girls she hangs out with. She threatened to call Children and Youth on me just about 2 weeks ago and I got a letter in the mail today saying there will be a case worker coming to investigate. I want to know if there is some legal action I can take against her for filing a report that is known to be false. For example, am I able to sue her or file for a restraining order?What action can I take against a woman who filed a false report about me to Children and Youth Services?
I'm sure your pretty scared and angry about the whole situation and I myself have been through the same situation 4 times! All were false reports made by people who were just out to get revenge. I asked DCS(childrens services)the same question. It has to be more than one occasion that she has ';hotlined'; you and legally you don't have to let DCS in your home without a court order!! You have rights TOO!! Good LuckWhat action can I take against a woman who filed a false report about me to Children and Youth Services?
Yes, you can file a lawsuit against her for defamation of character or something like that depending on what state you live in. BTW, my hubby's ex girlfriend did the same thing and every thing turned out ok.
Call a lawyer. She is crazy.
sue her for how much??? $12million or $12??? no money value here. Speak to the Social worker and present your case calmly for her to see that u r legit and normal mom...thats it.


Stop challenging that ex will you?
May I ask what it feels like to live in the gutter? Just wonder how a woman can have babies and not be married. Shack up with a guy who can't commit. And then think the biggest problem in her life is wondering how to sue someone who probably doesn't have two nickles. Why don't you pull yourself out of the gutter and you wouldn't have these problems.
Get as many character witnesses as you can. Record her phone calls and catch her in a contradiction should this ever get to court. Make sure you document everything no matter how small! AND get a good lawyer to help you!
If the case worker proves it was a false report you can take her to court for harrasement and salander also for filing a false report.


Good luck and





God bless
Not knowing what city/state you're in, it would be hard to give you a definite answer. While the stories of poor work practices in government are prolific, the truth is an absolute defense. When the case worker comes by, be polite and work with the case worker to show that the accusations (whatever they were) are false. Unfortunately, Children and Youth Services are probably unlikely to divulge the source of the complaint.





You imply that you have open harassment charges against her. You may want to call the enforcement authorities handling the case and tell them that you think these charges are another form of harassment.





Another option is to contact Legal Aid (or its equivalent) to see what your legal options are. My legal knowledge is sketchy but unless you are damaged in a legal sense, filing suit may not be an option. The Legal Aid people should be able to help you out.
I think you can file a police report but unless the social worker decides to press charges for filing a false report I don't think there is anything you can do. I would have the police make a report of the incident in case she does something like this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment