Sunday, February 7, 2010

True or False question: If someone walks on my land and injures themselves am I responsible?

I am considering buying some land in Arkansas and I live in Texas.. someone told me if I buy the land and someone walks on it and hurts themselves that they can sue me? is this true? seems to me if they dont have permission they should stay the heck of my land? no?? please helpTrue or False question: If someone walks on my land and injures themselves am I responsible?
I'm sure some liberal lawyer would find a way to make it your fault.True or False question: If someone walks on my land and injures themselves am I responsible?
I think that maybe they could only sue you if something of yours was in the way. It wouldn't make sense cuz anybody could walk onto your yard and hurt themselves on purpose, just to get money. So I don't think that would be true. And you're right, they shouldn't be on your property without your permission anyway, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. But again, I'm not sure about this so I wouldn't really listen to my advice, I'm just agreeing with you.





And yeah like that person said, Post ';No trespassing'; signs
Only if they have a ';valid'; reason to be in your land: like a guest or a worker.





Now, if your land is not properly delimited then you are responsible for anyone getting ';by accident'; on your land.





To claim trespassing you are required to have some kind of fence, or visible signs clearly indicating the boundaries of your property.
FALSE!! To begin with, they have no rights on your property without your permission, its like building in your back garden, they do not have rights to be there or the consent to do so!! If they injure themselves that is not only they're fault for doing so, but you can sue them for being on YOUR land.
Like that one person said, buy no trespassing signs and inform your municipal court about this. This way you won't be held liable at all. ---the only way you would be liable is if you set up ...traps all over the place lol and the person got hurt from that. There was actually a case on that here in Jersey once. It was sooo messed up.
It depends. You can be liable to trespassers in all states for all known artificial conditions upon the land that you fail to warn them about or make safe. Natural conditions, say a lake, you are usually not responsible for.
True. Post ';no trespassing'; signs.
I really don't know how it works it arkansas, but if i was on a jury i would find that you are not guilty.
yeah they should stay off but yes if someone wandered on to your land you would be responsible.
I've asked a police officer myself this question. The answer is yes. It's bogus though.
YES! It happened to my brother and he did not know anything about it till he got a call that he was being sued.

No comments:

Post a Comment