Wednesday, February 10, 2010

True or false: People who are better at math have a better diet.?

I've heard that it's because they count everything that goes into their mouth.





Provide a true or false and provide reasoning.





No Jokes: I'm not looking for laughs.True or false: People who are better at math have a better diet.?
I think it is TRUE. I mean, someone might be really good at math, and say ';no, I do not watch what I eat.'; But, to them what does that mean? This certainly does not mean that they are eating magic mushrooms and smoking crack before math class.





I think the only thing it could mean is that they do not consciously count every calorie. And, just because someone does not consciously count every calorie, does not imply a poor diet.





The human body needs certain essential nutrients, without which people cannot function and eventually die. I think that whether they realize it or not, being able to think at high levels has a lot to do with diet.True or false: People who are better at math have a better diet.?
uhmm....false, ppl who r good at math dont...count, wat they eat....thats a weird way to think about it...


also....just cause u heard it, doesnt mean its automatically true, and....especially to something this.........different
They *sort of* have an advantage. But, there are calorie calculators on the internet and even at the stores that you can purchase, so I'd say.... false.
false....example..albert einstien didnt look so damn healthy to me..did he ?
False, Im really good at math but I don't watch what I eat at all, and my diet is not stable.
My father is a mathematical genius of sorts. He was overweight and had high blood pressure. He started recording his diet, qualitatively (what he ate) and quantitatively (how much). He found that his enemy is sugar. He started eating more fruits and vegetables and less fats and sugars. He's about 70. His blood pressure went down from the 160/100 range to the 110/70 range. His weight from about 210 to 140.





When I say mathematical genius of sorts, I mean math is his life. He has everything counted out, he is anal retentive when it comes to numbers.





I'm currently enrolled at a science and engineering college. I can tell him what I'm currently studying, and he usually knows all about it.





Edit: Of course I wouldn't think that this would be the same for every case. True and False.





Having a genuine passion for mathematics makes you think differently.





Edit: Lewis S has a good point, people with a healthy diet are more likely to be capable of higher thinking.
i think its false. it's an assumption that someone who's good at math ';counts everything.';





i've always been good at math... DON'T count everything... have bad diet!
False.





It all depends on the person.





I am good at math, and I'm a vegetarian (so I COULD have a better diet), but I eat too much junk food.





Albert Einstein (whome somebody else mentioned) was a vegetarian, and he probably did have a healthy diet. Of course when he was around he didn't have access to all the processed crap that is around now!
False. I know one guy who is really fat, but he is amazing at math.

No comments:

Post a Comment