Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can you sue someone that has gave you false hope in winning lottery?

Ok, I recieved a letter stateing that I won $250,000 out of a lottery game I played on the internet. Now I did some research on the internet and found out that I'm not the only one who got this letter. They were scams. I also found out the address of the guy involved. He lives in Maryland. Does anyone know if I can do something about it. To stop this theif from doing their work. I have his address, in anyone knows anything about these letters, Please reply. I'm suppose to call these people on Tuesday(tomorrow)to claim my money. They also sent a check to me to pay for the processing fee. Thank god that I didn't end up spending it. Well just don't let this happen to you and if it has, I will do my best to stop it.Can you sue someone that has gave you false hope in winning lottery?
I think in order to sue someone there has to be damages. You would have to have been financially, physically, or emotionally damaged, etc... I don't think ';disappointed'; is strong enough. But if you feel this person is committing fraud somehow, you can report him to the police.Can you sue someone that has gave you false hope in winning lottery?
You can't sue them. Lottery is a game of chance and unless the letter say that they guarantee that you will win, then all they have done is run a scam, which is illegal, but I don't think you can sue. Call the FBI or the FCC and ask what department, or who you should report this too.
you cant sue, they didnt do any damage to you, if you had sent him money then you could sue. but its fraud, the cops should be involved
Why would you be able to sue, it doesn't sound like they took any of your money. Or are you just talking about your hurt feelings and want a little payback?
You can contact the Attorney General in Maryland.





But I suggest you contact the FBI. They are responsible for these things under the Computer Fraud and Abuse act of 2001.





This is interstate fraud.





Please report them. We will be better off when all of these jerks are behind bars.
This is definitely a scam and you should not call them. You can use your internet to find legal advice. A lot of attornies will answer your question right then. I think you also contact your internet provider with this. they should help you with this bit of info.

No comments:

Post a Comment