Friday, February 5, 2010

Can you get a false positive pregnancy test after a recent delivery (3 months ago)?

I just had a baby 3 months ago. I have been feeling very tired the last two weeks and had nausea today. I took a pregnancy test and it is positive. I am in shock, especially since I am breastfeeding and I had sex only once. Is it possible to have a false positive due to wacky hormones following delivery?Can you get a false positive pregnancy test after a recent delivery (3 months ago)?
Your pregnant.


Your really fertile right after having a baby. And just because your breastfeeding doesn't mean you can't get pregnant.


You had sex while you were ovulating it seems.


Congratulations. Your kids will be 13 months apart.


I got pregnant right after I had my son. My kids are 10 months apart.


There is no such thing as a false positive, only false negatives.


Good luck.Can you get a false positive pregnancy test after a recent delivery (3 months ago)?
I think anything is possible with hormones, but you can't ignore the possibility that you might be pregnant, especially given your symptoms. I suggest contacting your doctor as soon as possible for an appointment.
if you have had sex since the birth of your baby. yep you could be pregnant. it only takes one time and if you are not using protection if could be a real postive test . contact your doctor . dont start worrying now just get a blood test .
Well like everyone said.. YES


Right after having a baby you are so fertile..


My kids are 13 months apart! I didn't think that it was possible.. but it is..lol..


Congrats..





It's not as hard as it seems.. I like having my kids so close in age..
i'm not saying you are, but could be pregnant.


my mom could not get pregnant for 10 years.


then, my brother was born.


four, yes, four months later i was on the way.


and, along i came.





don't they say that babies generate certain smell that causes a woman to become pregnant again?


at least that is what i've heard.





i have the feeling your positive is not false.


do not leave us hanging. tell us as soon as you find out for sure.





cheers.
The pregnancy hormone should be completely out of your system by 6 weeks after delivery. I asked my dr. the same question. So...looks like you'll be expecting another little one!
no if the test reads positive then you just might be pregnant after all men get more excited since its been a good 40 days without any.Talk to your ob/gyn and ask her the same question,They will test you there and you can find out for sure.Getting pregnant can happen anytime and it just be that you are ovulating again.
your deffinately pregnant... im suprised your doctor didnt explain to you after the baby was born that the few months after delivery you are very fertile for a long time and could get pregnant in a snap!
you could be pregnant
Sounds like you are preggos. I hope that you have the support you're going to need....it's definitely going to be hard on you....I hope that you stay calm and realize that you can do it, even if you recently just finished one pregnancy.





Stay strong. Be happy for the new little one. And don't forget that the baby you have now is going to be still a baby once the new baby comes...so have patience and be happy.
no...it's very rare for the positives to be false...You need to get to a dr asap....because if you are you will need extra prenatal care. back to back babies can be hard on the body. But congrats and good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment